I now am able to apply my degree in Environmental Economics in my job to help companies switch to more green practices. I believe it is important to do work that is bigger than you, which is why I loved my experience in Buenos Aires (specifically La Boca). For fun, I like to hang with friends, play guitar, fish, and basically any activity outside. My experience with Voluntario Global left me with a desire to continue to find ways to help and to travel. I hope to get back to Buenos Aires and see all the good that Voluntario Global continues to do!
Volunteer Ambassador Ryan LongWritten by Jesica Franco
Born and raised in Minneapolis, MN. After graduating from the University of Minnesota, I worked for a software start up in Los Angeles and recently moved back to the MidWest to be closer to family and friends.
Latest from Jesica Franco
- Labor Day in a Social Organization: What does work mean to us?
- Argentina Travel Advice: COVID-19 Update
- Art as a Social Practice
- Food as a Social Act
- The Value of Seed and Organic Agriculture
- Voluntario Global's 13th Anniversary: Interview with Valeria Gracia
- Another Year @VoluntarioGlobal
- Voluntario Global's Network of Organizations Annual Meeting